What can you get from our meetings?
If you live in and around the Southampton area and you are a football referee or would like to become a referee then come along and join the Society that represents you in your area. We have weekly fitness training sessions run in conjunction with Hampshire Football Association. Everyone is welcome to attend, but it is not compulsory. These sessions are guided by Southampton RA's County Fitness Co-ordinator, Mike Misselbrook, at Wide Lane. By becoming a full member of this society you are automatically insured by the National RA for any injury or loss of kit, you may sustain whilst officiating. RA kit and accessories can be purchased at very competitive prices from our own supplies officer.
Season 2019-2020 Meeting Dates
• October Meeting is on 24th October 2019 at 7:30pm. Southampton RA October Meeting will take place on Thursday 24th October 2019. Our venue will be Totton & Eling Cricket Club,Southern Gardens,Ringwood Road,Totton,SO40 8RW. Main Meeting will start at 19-30 hrs.
• November Meeting is on 20th November 2019 at 7:30pm. Southampton RA October Meeting will take place on Thursday 21st November 2019. Please note that this meeting is due to happen on a Wednesday due to the avaliablity of venue.
• December Meeting is on 12th December 2019 at 7:30pm. Southampton RA December Meeting will take place on Thursday 12th December 2019.
• January Meeting is on 23rd January 2020 at 7:30pm. Southampton RA January Meeting will take place on Thursday 23rd January 2020.
• February Meeting is on 20th February 2020 at 7:30pm. Southampton RA February Meeting will take place on Thursday 20th February 2020.
• March Meeting is on 26th March 2020 at 7:30pm. Southampton RA March Meeting will take place on Thursday 26th March 2020.
• April Meeting is on 23rd April 2020 at 7:30pm. Southampton RA April Meeting will take place on Thursday 23rd April 2020.
We always strive to provide the opportunity for referees of all ages and abilities to meet, socialise and learn in a very relaxed and informal atmosphere. We are totally committed to concentrating on refereeing issues to help develop all members. Membership is open to all people interested in football as well as referees. You can gain advice and guidance on interpretation of the laws from our training officers, assessors and senior referees. Law amendments are always fully explained to you by our FA licensed instructor.For the younger referee, we have a youth section known as Kens Corner which will help you during your early days as a football official. We can also help in your appointment to Southampton FC Academy games plus organise a mentor for you.
All our meetings take place at Totton and Eling Cricket Club, Southern Gardens, Totton, Southampton SO40 8RW. There is a bar facitlies, WiFi and wheel chair access. If your intrested in refereeing or even football, feel free to come along - you don't have to be a full member to attend the meetings! Just come along and see what we get up to.
New Referee Instruction Courses
Ever thought "I could do better than that"?
Packing up playing, but still want to have an active role in football?
Does your club need a qualified referee to help out in the odd game?
Do you simply want to try, and enjoy, a vital part of the beautiful game?
Referees are a vital part of football, from youth level, local 'grass roots' on the local park, right through to the very highest level of the Premiership and international matches.
Anyone can train to become a referee from the age of 14 upwards, male or female.
The courses are one evening per week, lasting about eight weeks.
At the end you will take a short examination before receiving your Level 7 Referee status.
Once you have become a referee and join Southampton Referees' Association we can organise a mentor for you, who will help you in your early days as a referee. We will also assist in your appointment to referee Southampton FC Academy games which again gives you the confidence to referee games without any pressure and with a qualified tutor at hand.
All of our top referees started at this level. At Southampton we have members who trained at 14, through to members who took the examination in their 50s